Mark by AVON: Nude Matte Fluid Make Up

It's been a while since I tried to use a different brand of foundation. I fell in love with L'OREAL Infallible pro-matte due to so many reasons. Then last week, I saw this AVON's new make up line - Mark Nude Matte fluid make up. I was thinking that I can get a better result so I gave it a try.

First thing that caught me was the packaging. It looks simple, elegant and so appealing but what attracts me the most was the fact that it's matte. Let's look closely what Mark by AVON claims and what I actually found out after using it. I was so excited that finally it came here in the Philippines. As of now, they have 3 different shades. I got Pure Beige - the darkest and had a yellow undertone which matches my skintone.



It is indicated on the box that you can get a smooth, natural looking by blending it evenly and build up coverage by putting layers of this foundation on your face. Guess what, I was excited to try it when I read what they were trying to claim but when I use it, I feel like I'm putting a tinted moisturizer on my face.

I did 2 layers of foundation hoping to build up coverage but in fact nothing was covered. Yes it’s very lightweight but at first you will feel a bit stickiness on your face. My face looked so oily and not  matte opposite to what it was trying to claim. AVON online shop also indicates that it is a shine-free finish but it’s not. It may have a different reaction based on the akin types but I guess it doesn’t fit mine. I bought it for 299 pesos but it’s regular price is 399 pesos. There were other brands that works better with the same price.
This is my before and after use. Please excuse the lighting but I just want to highlight that nothing looks different after I use Mark fluid foundation.

What I have mentioned above is solely based on my own experience. Results may vary due to skin types. I would love to hear what do you think of this products. Or if you already try it, please share your own experience. I will also try to blend it with other products to see if it will work better. You can check my video tutorial using Mark foundation by AVON.

Comments